How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your TV, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not work effectively if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly very simple to understand. Software applications are already readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not best.